Marc van der Aa was born in Hulst (the Netherlands) in 1979. He studied at the Utrecht School of Journalism (SVJ) and graduated in 2004. He started studying photography at the Argentine School of Photography (EAF) in 2005.
Ideally, Marc is a traveler, photographer and writer. He works in different disciplines, varying from event coverage and fashion to publicity, cinema and photojournalism.
His work has been published in different books, magazines and newspapers around the world, such as D – magazine, Time Out, Penthouse, Ralph Lauren Magazine, Polo Today, Planeta Urbano, Urb Magazine, Las Rosas, Resource Mag, Gonzo Circus, Lonely Planet, Remix, FEM Business, DJMag, etc.
On a commercial level, he worked for different clients, realizing campaigns and shoots for brands such as BMW, Infinit Eyewear and Route 66.
Van der Aa covered a great many events, from dj Armin van Buuren’s Armin Only till the Dakar Rally and from indigenous ceremonies in the Bolivian highlands to the annual Elite Model Look in Amsterdam.
On an artistic level, he put together various solo exhibitions in the Netherlands, Argentina and Mexico and participated in a couple of collective shows.
Nowadays he lives in Mexico City.
* History of Peru in the Dakar Rally (collective) – Lima
* International Painters Week (collective), Domburg – Países Bajos
* Silent Escapes, TADH – Amsterdam
* Buenos Aires Photo (collective) – Buenos Aires
* Blue Window, Espacio Arte – Buenos Aires
* Sst, Sugar Factory – Amsterdam
* Festival Mad (collective) – Buenos Aires
* Nightlife Latino Part I, Atlantico – Mexico DF
* Blue Window, DuDui – Buenos Aires
* Waterworld, Chueca – Buenos Aires
* Wandering Woods,Dui Dui – Buenos Aires
* Peluqueros Latinos: buscando el corte perfecto, Escuela Argentina de Fotografía – Buenos Aires
* Polderparty: Fragmentos de la movida electrónica de los Países Bajos, Centro Cultural Borges – Buenos Aires
* Victor el Vecino // Urban People, Galería EC Fotografía Contemporánea – Buenos Aires
* Uno, Gallery Photo Fine Art ‘El Fanfarrón’ – Buenos Aires
* Club69: Gateway to Midnight Madness, Loveland Festival – Amsterdam
* Club69: Gateway to Midnight Madness, Artkitchen Gallery – Amsterdam
* Peluqueros Latinos: buscando el corte perfecto, Pabellon de las bellas Artes – UCA – Buenos Aires
* Club69: Gateway to Midnight Madness, Galería Sara García Uriburu – Buenos Aires
* Travelscapes, Blue Room de LAN – Bahrein – Buenos Aires